Thursday, September 17, 2009

Interview with Beth Trissel



Help me welcome, The Wild Rose Press author, Beth Trissel.




Care to share a short bio with us?
Certainly. I'm a Virginia author of historical and light paranormal romance with the Wild Rose Press. I also write creative non-fiction pieces about rural life. The beauty of the Shenandoah Valley and surrounding mountains are my inspiration.


Can you tell us about your latest release and/or past releases? Light paranormal romance Somewhere My Love (fall 2008) won the 2008 Preditors&Editors Readers Poll for Best Romance Novel. In May 2009 I had three historical/light paranormal romance novels released in a whirlwind month: Daughter of the Wind, Enemy of the King, and Through the Fire (finalist 2008 Golden Heart). All have received excellent reviews and each won book of the week at Long and Short Reviews.


Tell us about the heroine and hero of the above books. I’ll focus on Daughter of the Wind: Young Scots-Irishwoman Karin McNeal longs to know who she really is. Former Shawnee captive Jack McCray holds the key to her past.


What inspired Daughter of the Wind? A tragic account I came across in my studies of the early Scots-Irish about a captive woman who fell in love with the son of a chief. As the result of a treaty, she was taken from her warrior husband and forced back to her white family where she gave birth to a girl. Then the young woman’s husband did the unthinkable and left the tribe to go live among the whites, but such was their hatred of Indians that before he reached his beloved her brothers intercepted and killed him. Inconsolable and weak from the birth, she grieved herself to death. Heart wrenching, it haunts me to this day. And I wondered…was there some way those young lovers could have been spared such anguish; what happened to their infant daughter when she grew up???



What can we expect from you regarding your future writing?
More historical/light paranormal romance charged with mystery and adventure.
Is there anything you find particularly challenging in your writing? New time periods/settings take considerable more research before I can write the story.
Who is your favorite author and what is it that really strikes you about their work? My favorite author since third grade is CS Lewis with his wonderful Chronicles of Narnia series. He taught me to believe in the power of pretend.

When did you first realize you wanted to be a writer? At about that time.

How long does it take you to write a book? That varies from 3-6 months to several years, including research.

What is your work schedule like when you're writing? I try to write every day but particularly like the days where I can get in some good solid blocks of writing time.
Do you have any strange handwriting habits, like capitalizing all your “r”s or dotting your “I”s with heart (or anything like that)? Not that I’ve noticed.

What do you want to know about the future? Are we gonna survive 12/12/2012. And no, do not go see that movie.

Are you a morning person or a night person? I’m beginning to wonder if I’m either one. Need more coffee.

Do you like thunderstorms? Ever heard of getting struck by lightning?

What is the best way for readers to contact you? Email : bctrissel@yahoo.com
Anything you would like to add? “Never give up! Never surrender!” (Galaxy Quest).
Thanks so much Beth for stopping by. We wish you the best of luck and really look forward to what you have in store for us next!
Mistress Bella

No comments:

Post a Comment